We will not be responsible for any charges that you may incur when you receive text messages on your telephone as part of the Birthday Reminder program. We are not responsible for your telephone’s tariff plan. We therefore suggest that you consult your service agreement with your wireless carrier to determine your telephone’s messaging plan.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect personal information from you when you:
- Purchase online, return or exchange any of our products and services;
- Request a quote or special orders for or information about any of our products and services;
- Request delivery, warranty or repair services;
- Make a credit application;
- Contact Scierie PFA Martel Inc. Customer Service;
- Visit the cartobois.ca website or make transactions on said website;
- Enter into a contest or respond to one of our surveys;
- Provide us with comments or suggestions.
Scierie PFA Martel Inc. use of personal information
Scierie PFA Martel Inc. may use personal information to:
- Identify customers, employees and suppliers and to establish and maintain a relationship with them;
- Provide customers with ongoing service, including to process orders, to ensure proper delivery and to better assist customers when they visit our store or call;
- Improve our product and service offerings;
- Provide customers with information about other products and services that may be of interest to them;
- Protect against error and fraud; and
- Comply with legal and audit requirements.
Scierie PFA Martel Inc. may also use personal information to create statistics about our company. These statistics do not contain any information that could personally identify any individual customer, employee or supplier.
Disclosure of personal information
Scierie PFA Martel Inc. will not trade, rent or sell your personal information to any third party unless we tell you about it and obtain your consent.
Individual access to and correction of their personal information
An individual’s request for access to their personal information in the possession of Scierie PFA Martel Inc. should be directed to a Scierie PFA Martel Inc. Privacy Officer. In order to verify that the information is being released to the proper person, individuals may be asked to provide suitable identification or to otherwise identify themselves.
An individual may update or correct any of their personal information that Scierie PFA Martel Inc. has in its possession by making a written request on our website. Individuals may be asked to provide suitable identification or to otherwise identify themselves before any corrections will be made, and Scierie PFA Martel Inc. reserves the right to request appropriate proof of the correctness of any of the requested corrections.
Record Retention and Security
All personal information collected by Scierie PFA Martel Inc. is protected by security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. All personal information stored in electronic form, including all information collected through the cartobois.ca website, is kept in confidential and secure data banks.
Policy: Privacy and Confidentiality
When you use our services, you trust us for the processing of your data. The purpose of these privacy policies is to tell you what information we collect, why, and how we use it. These rules are important and we hope you will take the time to read them carefully.
The Privacy Act is defined as:
An Act to supplement Canadian legislation that protects personal information and grants individuals the right of access to personal information that concerns them.
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual held in any form whatsoever, with the exception of specific exclusions for the purpose of filing an application under the Access to Information Act.
- Scierie PFA Martel inc. Has a policy to manage the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the standards set out in the Privacy Act. The Act does not apply to personal information that Scierie PFA Martel inc. Collect, use or communicate for journalistic, artistic or literary purposes.
Scierie PFA Martel inc. Is required to comply with the following requirements, unless exempted by the Privacy Act.
Collection of Personal Information
Unless authorized under the Privacy Act,
- No personal information will be collected by Scierie PFA Martel inc. Unless it is directly related to an activity or a program of exploitation of it;
- Scierie PFA Martel inc. Shall, wherever possible, collect personal information that is to be used for administrative purposes directly with the person concerned, unless the data subject authorizes other terms;
- Scierie PFA Martel inc. Must inform any person from whom it collects personal information of the purpose for which the information is being collected.
- Retention of Personal Information
The personal information that Scierie PFA Martel inc. Used for administrative purposes must be retained after use for a period of time that may be prescribed by regulation to ensure that the person to whom the information relates has a reasonable opportunity to gain access to it.
Accuracy of Personal Information
Scierie PFA Martel inc. Shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information that is used for administrative purposes is as accurate, up-to-date and complete as possible.
Withdrawal of Personal Information
Scierie PFA Martel inc. Shall remove the personal information in its possession in accordance with the regulations and the applicable instructions or directives of the designated Minister and the retention schedule of the Corporation.
Personal information held by Scierie PFA Martel inc. Shall be used or disclosed only for the purposes for which they were collected, or for a use corresponding to those purposes, unless the person concerned consents or the Privacy Act allows it. In certain circumstances, personal information subject to the Privacy Act may be used or disclosed without the knowledge or consent of the individual. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to, personal information used or disclosed:
- for the purposes for which the personal information was obtained or compiled by Scierie PFA Martel inc. Or for a purpose consistent with those purposes;
- in order to comply with a summons, warrant or order of a court, person or body having jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or in order to comply with any rules, A court relating to the production of information;
- an investigative body specified in the regulations for the purpose of applying a Canadian law or a provincial law or conducting an investigation in accordance with the law;
- agents or employees of C Scierie PFA Martel inc. For internal audit purposes;
- Library and Archives Canada for archival purposes;
- when the individual concerned would benefit from it;
- for the purposes for which the personal information was obtained or compiled by Scierie PFA Martel inc. Or for a purpose consistent with those purposes.
Statement of disclosures
Scierie PFA Martel inc. Shall keep a record of any use of personal information contained in a personal information bank or of the uses or purposes for which it was disclosed where those uses or purposes are not among the uses and purposes listed in the Minister’s personal information And must attach the statement to the personal information.
Personal Information Banks
Scierie PFA Martel inc. Shall pay into the personal information bank all personal information held by it that
- have been used, are or may be used for administrative purposes;
- are marked in such a way that they can be found by reference to the name of an individual or to a number, symbol or other identifying indication specific to that individual.
Access to Personal Information
Upon receipt of a written request, Scierie PFA Martel inc. Shall grant the right of access to the following personal information, to the extent that it is subject to the Privacy Act:
- any personal information about the applicant in a personal information bank;
- any personal information about the applicant held by Scierie PFA Martel inc. In so far as it can provide sufficiently precise indications on their location so that they can be found without serious problems.
Individuals granted access to their personal information may:
- request correction of personal information about him / her that he / she believes to be erroneous or incomplete;
- require, where appropriate, references to corrections that have been requested but not made;
- requiring any person or body to whom the information has been disclosed to be used for administrative purposes within two years before the request for correction or a statement of corrections not made, be notified of the correction or reference;
- require that the body, in the case of a government institution, make the correction or refer to any copy of a record containing the information that is under its control.
Refusal of access to personal information
Scierie PFA Martel inc. May deny access to personal information, as required by the Privacy Act, where, among other things, this information
- are protected by solicitor-client privilege;
- are part of an investigation file the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be detrimental to the enforcement of federal or provincial laws or the conduct of investigations;
- could threaten the safety of individuals if disclosed.
All employees of the Company who collect, retain or use personal information are required to ensure that the collection, use and disclosure of this information is conducted in accordance with this policy and the relevant procedures.
The General Secretariat is responsible for compliance with the law; It shall establish procedures, guidelines and timetables for the implementation of this policy.
The Privacy Coordinator is responsible for the privacy management policies and practices of the company and is responsible for handling complaints and requests for information.
If you have any questions regarding the interpretation and application of this policy, please contact the Privacy Coordinator.